FALL 2016 NEWS LETTER FOR ON TRACK KIDS
WOW…Must be fall there is a “chill” in the air…Temperatures in the mid to high 80’s…Welcome to Florida!
Hard to believe 3 months have gone by. As usual a lot is happening. Our referrals continue to be strong. We are getting 3-4/week. Our web-links (Psychology Today and Focus On The Family) have proven to be a valuable addition to our client sourcing. Our school referrals are also becoming more frequent. From June through August we had 54 client sessions…
We were blessed by the 3 day event at the Living Waters Chapel in Caro MI. We conducted a 3 day listening class for parents while the kids were attending a Kids Event. There were 20 participants…Parents & Grandparents…What an awesome group of people…wish many more parents would have as much desire to connect with their children and each other as these did!
As I mentioned in our last newsletter we were asked to conduct a 6 week training class for the people of the Path Homeless Shelter…So for 6 Thursdays for 2 hours Rachel and I spent time with these precious people…What a blessing! The first week our reception was a bit cool, but with each passing week we began to connect. By the end of the 6 weeks they felt like our adopted family…We feel very grateful and privileged to speak into their lives and very thankful of how they spoke into our lives…For sure a God Event!
We have brought on a new board member. Her name is Marylin Welch. She is an awesome lady with many talents and loves the Lord! We are looking forward to working with her as we grow the ministry.
Now for some up and coming things…
We will continue to see clients up to the Christmas break and will then continue to do so after. We are making good use of the RV and are meeting with clients at 3 different locations.
Through a networking event Rachel made a connection with the director of an organization called Extreme Solutions. They minister to prisoners that are about to be released and help them make plans to re-enter society. Thier focus is on restoration of families that have been impacted by the incarceration of the dad, mom or both. However they have no program to help the children of these families. This is where On Track Kids comes in! We met with the director and are very excited about the possibilities…We have committed to help and would very much appreciate your prayer support as we get involved…
We are looking for an intern (student) to begin work with Rachel in preparation for increased client load. We have had one contact that might be a candidate… Please pray for wisdom and additional candidates. They need to be student or graduates of a master's degree program in counseling.
We are planning offer additional parenting classes during events such as Vacation Bible School and Kids Crusades. While the kids are in the event we would provide the parents with parenting classes and or other training… Please pray for just the right connections.
We feel very excited about how things are going and believe it is a direct result of your prayers and support. God has been faithful and we continue to believe He is making a difference in the lives of these children and their parents using our hands and feet! We are seeing some big changes in some of these children and are expecting more.
Looking Forward to a Great Fall Harvest!
Additional Prayer Requests:
· Clients: Continue to pray for the children and their parents & guardians! Many of these stories are heart breaking and bring tears to my eyes just thinking about them. These are complex and seemingly impossible situations, but God can make a difference. We are here only to be His hands and feet and to show His heart of Love to these children and families.
· Parenting Classes: Please pray for additional opportunities to reach parents through the parenting classes…this is key to supporting long term success of family healing.
· Referrals: Continue to pray for effective referral sources so we might keep a full schedule for the year.
· Scheduling: Now that we are totally mobile, scheduling the moves of the RV from place to place becomes a real challenge…pray for wisdom and favor for locations that have sufficient electrical services for us to hook up.
Funds: Our operational cost will be higher next year with the “Therapy on Wheels” strategy.
Please consider being a part of this exciting and valuable ministry.
Once again we would like to thank all of you for your prayers and support. It means a great deal to these children and their families.
3 Ways to Make Donations
1. Through PAYPAL at our On Track Kids Website
http://www.ontrackkids.com/index.html via PayPal or credit card
2. By check made out to “Inverness Church of God” designated for On Track Kids at the following address…. 416 US Hwy 41 S, Inverness, FL 34450
3. By check made out Directly to “On Track Kids” sent to Inverness Church of God 416 US Hwy 41 S, Inverness, FL 34450
Our preference would be # 2 but whatever works best for you is fine.
Rachel & I would like to wish you and your families the very best and we are looking forward to a great fall.
Rick & Rachel Mathew